Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Anticipating Per Se

Do you remember that feeling of anticipation you would get as a child the weeks and nights before a family vacation? That pure excitement that would keep you up all night bouncing off the walls, while making your parents reconsider the reasons why they were even taking you. That's me! I'm going to be 27 in two weeks and I have admittedly been loosing sleep at night in anticipation for my gift to self birthday present. Per Se is Thomas Keller's New York Michelin 3 star urban interpretation of the French Laundry. Which according to the San Pellegrino 50 best restaurant list is number 6 in the World and the best restaurant in the United States. Thomas Keller's French Laundry Cook Book is probably the single most influential piece of material to my career. It changed the way I cook, the way view dinning, and the way I think about ingredients. His restaurants are like mecca to me and I'm making a Pilgrimage on the 23rd of March.

1 comment:

  1. you mean, you won't sleep for the next 12 days ?! Yeah I remember exactly the feeling of excitement because I still enjoy it from time to time on special occasions too. Try to sleep a little though, to enjoy entirely your meal, and perhaps, you should lower a little your expectations, not to be disappointed or on the contrary to be more surprised than you first thought.

    ReplyDelete